A pack of 4 reusable and compostable bamboo charcoal water filters in a cotton pouch bag.
To use, place the filters in jug or bottle filled with tap water where they will slowly filter out impurities such as chlorine and chloramines.
While the filters are compostable, they can also be reused in different ways around the home. After 2 months of use, reuse the filters for mouldy kitchen or bathroom corners, or place in the fridge to keep produce fresh and to help remove any unpleasant smells. The filters can also be used to help remove moisture from damp areas.
Bamboo Charcoal Water Filters
Use 3-4 pieces for a 1-litre jug.
1. Wash in running water to remove powder (do not use detergent).
2. Boil for 10 mins in a pan of water to sterilise & allow to cool and dry.
3. Place in a jug and fill with tap water (charcoal may float when new but it will tend to sink after a week or so of use).
4. Leave for 8 hours or more for best results. You can leave it in the fridge to chill if you like. It's then ready to drink.
5. Re-sterilise once a week by repeating step 2.
6. Replace with new charcoal after about 2 months.